It's about time we let you in on our little secret! Our Pizza BioShred is best used "Down Under". Simply applying your BioShred to the base of your pizza, with ALL the ingredients on top (as a traditional pizza is to be made) helps you in getting that ultimate OOZY melt. It tastes, and melts, JUST LIKE the real deal that way - you'll NEVER go back!
This SUPER simple pizza recipe is the perfect way to welcome the weekend or entertain! With minimum prep-time you can be enjoying a completely dairy-free homemade pizza. Life is after all ALL about those small indulgences.
Makes: 2 Medium-sized Pizzas
1½ cups warm water
Pinch of caster sugar
2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
600g (4 cups) plain flour, plus a little extra for dusting
60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, plus extra for brushing
2 serves tomato-based sauce
1 packet Pizza BioShred®
++ ANY other pizza toppings you desire!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Mix and set aside for 5 minutes - the mixture will begin to foam. In the interim, combine the flour and salt in a large bowl, making a well int he centre.
- Add the yeast mixture to the dry ingredients, folding it gently with a round-bladed knife before using your hands to bring the dough together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and continue to knead for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough into a lightly-oiled bowl, covering it with plastic wrap or a towel before setting it aside in a draught-free, warm place for 30 minutes. The dough should double in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place onto a lightly dusted surface again. Divide into 2 before rolling it out into your pizza base shape of choice!
- Now it's your turn to get creative! Evenly disperse a tomato-based sauce on your pizza base followed directly by your Pizza BioShred - we like to go heavy handed here! Any other toppings should be added to the top of this.
- Cover the pizza with foil and allow to bake the base is golden, cheese is melted and ingredients are cooked!
Note: Uncovering the pizza for the last 5 minutes of oven-time can add an extra crispiness to the base if you so desire.