This burger is phenomenal. So tasty, we defy you to find a better vegan burger recipe.
2 cans chickpeas, drained with 1/2 cup of the chickpea liquid reserved
2x340g cans of sweetcorn, drained
1 carrot, grated
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp parsley leaves, chopped
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
2 heaped tbsp flour, plus extra for dusting
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup oil, for cooking
4 sesame seed burger buns
8 MyLife Biocheese Cheddar Flavour Slices
1 small lettuce, leaves pulled apart, rinsed and drained
1 tomato, sliced
1 portion of vegan garlic aioli (as in our taco recipe)
1-2 tbsp smoky chipotle sauce (depending on how spicy you like it!)
1. Combine chickpeas, chickpea liquid, sweetcorn, carrot, garlic, herbs and spices, breadcrumbs, flour, salt and pepper in a food processor until mixture forms a paste-like consistency.
2. Form patties with mixture on a flour-dusted surface (make sure the patties aren't too thick as you're doubling up!). Cover patties and refrigerate for a couple of hours to firm up.
3. Mix together your aioli and chipotle sauce until well combined. set aside.
4. In a large frypan, add a little oil and grill the inside of your burger buns until slightly charred and set aside.
5. In the same frypan, add a splash more oil and cook your patties on one side until golden. flip over and place a MyLife Biocheese Cheddar Flavour Slice on cooked side, and cook until patty is cooked through, the bottom side is golden and the cheesy tops are melted.
6. Spread the tops and bottoms of the burger buns with the chipotle aioli. on each bun bottom, place some lettuce leaves, some slices of tomato, and two of the cheesy-topped burger patties. Replace the tops of the burger buns on your double cheeseburgers, serve and enjoy!
TIP: Serve the burgers with baked sweet potato fries for that EXTRA deliciousness!