This healthy, warming soup is delicious for lunch or dinner and is an easy way to make sure you eat your greens!
1 head of broccoli, washed, chopped
3 cups spinach
1 brown onion, roughly chopped
½ cup spring onions, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ cup parsley
1 large potato, peeled and roughly chopped
1 litre water
½ cup almond milk
½ cup MyLife Biocheese
½ tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vegan chicken-flavoured, all-vegetable stock
Optional: frozen baby peas, blanched in boiling water and drained, to garnish
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil in a large saucepan until translucent.
2. Add potatoes, the chopped broccoli stalk and water and bring to the boil until broccoli stalk and potato are soft.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth.
5. Serve with a sprinkling of peas in each bowl if desired.