This vegetable-filled bread is nothing short of delicious! 100% dairy-free, vegan-friendly goodness suitable for use as both a bread supplement or even as a breakfast muffin.
The melting capabilities of the Biocheese® product adds a great amount of moisture (and flavor) to this particular recipe. Enjoy!
1½ cups almond meal
¾ oats, ground to form flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt and pepper
5 tablespoons chia seeds*
2 tablespoons pepitas
1½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 large (200g) zucchini, grated with extra moisture strained
1 large (200g) carrot, grated
½ cup MyLife Biocheese® Original, grated
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 325°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the chia seeds with water and stir lightly. Set aside to bind for approximately 5 minutes (or until gelatinous).
- Once set, mix all wet ingredients until well combined before introducing this mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Place into a lined baking tin**, flattening the top surface progressively.
- Evenly distribute the pepitas on the surface of the mixture, lightly patting them down. Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden-brown.
*Chia seeds can be substituted with ground flaxseeds as a vegan-leavening alternative.
**Can be interchanged with a muffin tin.